After receiving the recommendations of the Advisory Committee for MSME Udyam Registration the central Government comes up with:
- The government introduced some specific criteria for classifying the enterprises as micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Also notified about the form and the process of filing the memorandum (Udyam Registration), w.e.f 1st day of July 2020.
Udyam Registration Process –
- The form for registration shall be as provided in the Udyam Registration portal.
- There will be no fee for filing Udyam Registration.
- Aadhaar number shall be required for Udyam Registration.
- The Aadhaar number shall be of the proprietor in the case of a proprietorship firm, of the managing partner in the case of a partnership firm and of a karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
- In case of a Company or a Limited Liability Partnership or a Cooperative Society or a Society or a Trust, the organisation or its authorised signatory shall provide its GSTIN and PAN along with its Aadhaar number.
- In case an enterprise is duly registered as an Udyam with PAN, any deficiency of information for previous years when it did not have PAN shall be filled up on self-declaration basis.
- No enterprise shall file more than one Udyam Registration: Provided that any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added in one Udyam Registration.
- Whoever intentionally misrepresents or attempts to suppress the self-declared facts and figures appearing in the Udyam Registration or update process shall be liable to such penalty as specified under section 27 of the Act.
Registration of existing enterprises –
- All existing enterprises registered under EM–Part-II or UAM shall register again on the Udyam Registration portal on or after the 1 st day of July, 2020.
- All enterprises registered till 30th June, 2020, shall be re-classified in accordance with this notification.
- The existing enterprises registered prior to 30th June, 2020, shall continue to be valid only for a period up to the 31stday of March, 2021
- An enterprise registered with any other organisation under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises shall register itself under Udyam Registration.
This is all about the basics of Udyam Registration. Once your MSME is registered under udyam you would need business software to manage daily business transactions. EZO is an all purpose Accounting software as well as a business app that helps in Billing, Inventory management, Banking, Invoicing and much more.
Comments are closed.