Maintenance of Hydraulic Tensioners
Hydraulic tensioners make the job of fitting or fixing bolts and nuts easier for industrial use. They are also known to reduce the amount of time that is spent on fitting the nuts. The work is made hassle-free and safe by the usage of hydraulic tensioners. Many industries that work with applications that have more than one stud or bolts, use multiple tensioners which makes the job easier and is done in no time. These tensioners are accurate and therefore, the user doesn’t have to worry about maintenance and replacement of these bolts for a long time.
However, there are few important facts and methods that have to be taken care of for proper maintenance of hydraulic tensioners. This will also increase the life of these tensioners.
- In order to avoid accumulation of air bubbles and leakage, it is advised that the hydraulic actuators are placed in an upright position with the part of the piston which is visible should be on top.
- The installation and uninstallation of these tensioners should be done in a step-wise manner. This is to ensure that the air does not get mixed with the oil.
- The retaining pin of this system should be installed carefully. If the process is not done in the right manner, it can affect the overall functioning of the tensioner.
- Make sure that the system is given time to rest. So that it can function properly.
- The parts of the tensioner may go through wear and tear due to continuous workload. It is suggested that they are checked and replaced frequently. This will increase the lifespan of the tensioners.
- If the parts of the tensioners are not looked after on time to time basis, they can also cause damage to the appliance they are being used for.
- Proper changing and replacement of these parts will also reduce the chances of leakage and air bubble accumulation.
Apart from this, it is also advised that you ask your manufacturer about the additional maintenance and care factors that need to be considered while using a tensioner. This will save you from any additional or new problems that may arise while usage. Reading the user manual will also help you understand the uses and needs of your tensioner. Each and every part of the tensioner requires proper care and has to be used methodically. By following the above-mentioned steps, you will be free from the majority of the commonly faced issues.